Weatherization provides energy-saving measures to dwellings, including insulation, venting, and/or air sealing to help make the home more energy-efficient, including:
- Insulation of ceiling, walls, floors, ducts, and pipes
- Broken glass replacement
- Hot water tank wrap and low-flow showerheads
- Air sealing
- Appropriate venting
- Indoor air quality, health, and safety testing
- More information
How to Sign Up
Call our main office to schedule an appointment and apply.
- Owners and renters are both eligible, provided they meet the program requirements.
- Income for the household from all household members over the age of 18, should not exceed 60% of the state median income or 200% of the federal poverty level whichever is greater.
- There is no cost to the owner/occupant or tenants.
- Homes with any heating source are eligible.
- If you are a tenant, your landlord is required to sign an agreement stipulating that the home will continue to be rented to low-income residents for a set period that varies according to the funder requirements.
When your application is completed and approved, you will be placed on a waiting list and scheduled for an energy audit. Priority is given to disabled persons, elderly persons (60 years or older), and households with children under six years of age.
Weatherization of your home depends on funding availability for your particular type of house and fuel source. There is no guarantee your home will be weatherized. Once your application is approved, it will be valid for one year. This is a valuable service worth waiting for, however, it may require re-certification of your information due to the time involved in the waitlist.
Client Missed Appointment Procedure
Clients who are a no-call/show to their first scheduled appointment for rent, utilities, or donated appointments shall be rescheduled to the next available appointment. If a client is a no-call/show for their second rescheduled appointment and wishes to reschedule again, they will be asked to submit their supporting documentation before getting another scheduled appointment.